Battle Isle (2010/10/23)
You can download Battle Isle 1 free of charge at Abandonia and you can run it under GNU/Linux using DOSBox. Battle Isle is a turn-based strategy game. The game can be played against the computer as well as against another human player. It always runs in split-screen mode. I.e. each player specifies the moves using half of the screen.
Here’s how to run the game (under GNU/Linux) after downloading it
unzip 'Battle Isle 93 - The Moon of Chromos.zip' cd BI193 dosbox MOON.EXE -exit cd ..
- First player keys
- '⇦', '⇨', '⇩', and '⇧' to move the cursor
- '⏎' and cursor movement to select action
- Second player keys
- 'x', 'v', 'c', and 'd' to move the cursor
- 'ctrl' and cursor movement to select action
Here’s a gameplay video of the Amiga version of the game.
- Blue Byte’s page on Battle Isle 1
- Battle Isle 1 level codes
- Wikipedia article on the Battle Isle series
- Battle Isle 2